Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Life with Luke!

I guess it's about time for me to get back to this blog.  It's amazing how busy we stay around here.  The days and weeks are just flying by.  Being a working Mommy has proved both challenging and rewarding.  I'm at my best when I'm super busy.  I take great pride in being able to juggle multiple priorities and give my very best to each one.

I've been working 10 to 12 hour days for the last couple of weeks.  While that would sound just terrible to many people, I just love it.  However, it's the routine that we have established at home that enables me to go to work and feel good about the time I'm spending there as well as the time I'm spending at home.

Tim and I do a lot of preparation each night for the next day.  We make bottles, lunches and get breakfast items ready for the next day.  We pack up as much as we can for Luke's day with Miss Jean the night before as well.  We usually get to bed about 9pm.  I go right to sleep and Tim stays up until about 10 and does a dream feed with Luke.  I do the feed in the middle of the night - usually between 2 and 4am.  We both get up at 5am.  I go downstairs and let the dogs out, put a bottle in the warmer, and start my coffee.  While I'm doing that Tim gets his shower.  By the time I get back upstairs Tim is out of the shower and it's my turn.  While I shower and get ready for work he gets Luke up.  Normally he brings him in to see me as soon as he gets him up - which is something I love!  I finish getting ready and get myself out the door to work around 6am.  Tim takes Luke to Miss Jean's and normally picks him up around 4pm.  If I get home in time, I do bath and bedtime with Luke around 6pm.  That gives Tim and I about 3 hours to spend together before I have to get to sleep.

It works really well for us.  The weekends are normally full too with errands or other obligations Saturdays and church on Sundays.  We love our busy life!

Luke turned three months old on October 28th!  I cannot believe how fast he is growing.  Every day it seems like his looks change a little bit more.  He is really enjoying vocalizing these days.  He will make noises, making his little voice louder and softer, for more than an hour.  It is so funny to listen to.  He is fascinated with his hands now too.  He is a happy little boy 95% of the time.  He has the sweetest little smile and he laughs and laughs (mostly at his daddy :) ).

Here are some pics from the last few weeks:

Mommy and Luke at Aunt Missy's Shower


Luke loving his little bug
Luke and Aunt Susan

Luke and Mamaw


Happy Baby

Luke Loves his Aunt Shell



Look at this Face!


Luke and his Zebra
 

No comments: